Drexel Frequently Asked Questions

Below are some of the more frequently asked questions we receive. If you have additional questions, please contact our Administrative Center.

Q: How to Work with Drexel Fire?

A: Once you’ve obtained your certificate of fire safety, contact our Administration Center about filling out an interest card. You can also check our website in the “employment” section for job openings.

Q: How Do I Obtain a Report from Drexel Fire?

A: To request a copy of a fire incident report or an ambulance transport report, please contact our Administrative Center. Proper documentation will be required in accordance to HIPPA federal guidelines.

Q: Will You be Able to Find My Home in an Emergency?

A: Yes, but you can make our job easier.

It is important that your property is clearly marked so that emergency crews can find it easily from both directions. If the house is visible from the street, you should have house numbers at least 4 inches tall on the house in a place that can be lit at night. Having your street number painted on the curb in front of your house with reflective paint is also very helpful.

If your house is not clearly visible from the street, then reflective numbers as large as possible should be on your mailbox (both sides) or a property marker at the end of your driveway. Make sure that the mailbox or marker is not obscured by trees or brush and that it can be seen from both directions.

Q: Who Do I Call for Emergency Services?

A: In case of any emergency, dial 9-1-1. Most areas of Drexel connect to an enhanced 9-1-1 system. With this system the 9-1-1 dispatcher will automatically be supplied with your phone number and address. This is extremely important during an emergency situation when every second counts!

Q: Who Do I Call for Other Services Like Snake and/or Desert Pest Removals?

A: For reptile removal contact 9-1-1. The District does not have a non-emergency number. This service is provided by our firefighters and they are dispatched to all calls through the 9-1-1 system.

Q: Will Someone Come and Help if I Find Bees on My Property?

A: Honey bees are an important part of our ecosystem, and with the increased public awareness of the “Africanized” strain, it is important to note that most species are not Africanized. Therefore, it is not necessary or desirable to destroy all bees. Colonies of bees on your property should be removed by a professional bee removal service or a licensed exterminator found in the phone book.

Drexel Fire is equipped to perform rescue operations when bees are swarming and stinging. It is only during emergency situations that we apply a foam solution to destroy bees to assist in patient removal.

Q: Will Someone Assist Me If I Lock My Keys in My Vehicle?

A: We will only assist with entering a locked vehicle if the engine is running or there is someone inside the vehicle who is not able to unlock it. If it is an emergency situation, please dial 9-1-1; for non-emergencies you’ll need to call a lock-smith in the phone book.

Q: Can We Go to the Drexel Fire to See the Fire Engine?

A: You are welcome to visit our workshop at any time to talk with the officers and take a tour of the equipment. (We may be off on an emergency call, so if we are not there, please come again!) You can also request a fire engine be brought to a school or community event, please contact us by using the form.

Leave a Reply